Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th From Our Firecracker!


Since Audrey had a few outfits with starts and stripes, we had to start dressing up on the 3rd! Mind you we were still a little scattered since we were still recovering from vacation, so we didn't do alot, but Audrey enjoyed her holiday weekend, through the teething and all!
Bed head much?
 

On the morning of the 4th, I took her in her Dr. Seuss birthday dress for some pictures at JC Penneys (if you haven't used their coupons, you MUST- for $7.99 you get 2 8x10s, 2 5x7s, 4 3.5x5 and 16 wallets! They don't offer it too often so you need to take advantage when you can and they sent it to Audrey for her first birthday. Yes, sometimes the appointments run late, but I can put up with that for a great deal). Anyway, they turned out FANTASTIC, considering Miss I-Will-Not-Nap suprisingly didn't nap before the 10:00 appointment. I can't wait to share, and the best thing is the prints will be in for her party! I will scan them in when I get them home around the 13th or 14th.

For lunch we went to my aunt and uncle's house where we had BBQ and played games. Audrey bumped her head and had a pretty blue bruise pop up on her forehead but it disappeared within an hour or two (why yes, she did inherit her hard head from her Daddy, not me ;) )


Then for dinner we went to my sister-in-law's house for dinner with the Huber family! We grilled out burgers and let Audrey entertain us all! She even crawled up stairs for the first time (making me infinitely happy we do not have a two story house)!!

If I wasn't such a bedtime Nazi for little girls who do not nap, we would have caught some fireworks, but that's OK because we got to hear them all night long for the last few nights! She got back at me by waking up at 2:20 and crying until 3:45 with teething pains. So I learned my lesson and she will definitely catch some next year!

It was a wonderful holiday that we spent with both our families- what couldn't be better (besides this beautifully sweet baby girl of course)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment