Last week the daycare told me that Audrey had walked up to a little girl drinking from a sippy cup and smacked it out of her hands. FIVE times! She didn't want to drink it, no, she just wanted to bully the poor thing. Oh well, at least they aren't telling us that she is beating kids up again.
lso on the topic, I had my first restaurant disaster! I went out to eat lunch with my mom after church the day after her party with Audrey and Eric's parents and poor Audrey did not enjoy it. I can probably piece together what went wrong and I think it all started when I woke her up a little early from her nap to make it to church in time (I know you never do that, but I did). She was an angel in church but I think not being able to get down and play/crawl around was another precursor. She screamed at the restaurant (not just squealing, but screaming crying) and I got the laser-beam blaming eyes from all the old women in their Sunday finest. She threw her toys backwards to the feet of the people sitting to the table next to us, and dropped almost all her food in the floor. But as soon as I picked her up and walked with her to the front door each time, she was fine. I know all she wanted to do was move around, but our food took forever and we kept thinking it would be anytime! Needless to say, I choked my food down in record time when it came and then walked outside with her (yes, I picked up the mess of potatoes and bread she had dropped on the floor). So, I learned two lessons- First, don't wake her again, if you are late, you are late, because she will not fall back asleep during the 30 minute drive like you think; Second, don't push your luck by asking too much of her- if you want food after church, go fast food, or let her play around outside first and get some energy out. I know it's not her fault (yet) she acted like that, so now I know what to do (being a first-time mom is all about learning from your mistakes!) I was pretty proud at myself for not getting angry at her at the time because I know I don't have the best patience!
Anyway, check out this sweet bully!!
lso on the topic, I had my first restaurant disaster! I went out to eat lunch with my mom after church the day after her party with Audrey and Eric's parents and poor Audrey did not enjoy it. I can probably piece together what went wrong and I think it all started when I woke her up a little early from her nap to make it to church in time (I know you never do that, but I did). She was an angel in church but I think not being able to get down and play/crawl around was another precursor. She screamed at the restaurant (not just squealing, but screaming crying) and I got the laser-beam blaming eyes from all the old women in their Sunday finest. She threw her toys backwards to the feet of the people sitting to the table next to us, and dropped almost all her food in the floor. But as soon as I picked her up and walked with her to the front door each time, she was fine. I know all she wanted to do was move around, but our food took forever and we kept thinking it would be anytime! Needless to say, I choked my food down in record time when it came and then walked outside with her (yes, I picked up the mess of potatoes and bread she had dropped on the floor). So, I learned two lessons- First, don't wake her again, if you are late, you are late, because she will not fall back asleep during the 30 minute drive like you think; Second, don't push your luck by asking too much of her- if you want food after church, go fast food, or let her play around outside first and get some energy out. I know it's not her fault (yet) she acted like that, so now I know what to do (being a first-time mom is all about learning from your mistakes!) I was pretty proud at myself for not getting angry at her at the time because I know I don't have the best patience!
Anyway, check out this sweet bully!!


No comments:
Post a Comment