OK, so those of you that know me pretty well know that I am cursed by all things technological. I thought the curse was over, but no such luck.
Little background- (granted, most of these are my fault, but I don't think all of them are)
-cell phones- there was a few years there that I went through an ungodly number of cell phones. For one reason or another, they just died and I had to be sent another one. Then there were the ones that I flushed, dropped in a glass of water sitting in my cup holder, died from getting wet in my purse from my friends cough syrup that spilled (who does this happen to???) I had my last phone for 2 years without having to get another one!
-digital cameras- ran over one, lost one at our wedding, had a brand new cord just stop working a month after getting a new camera...
and the list goes on and on
Well, this past Friday was a crazy day at the office. I had to rush around town to get everything set up for the Halloween on the square starting at 3:00. I forgot to charge my phone and then I accidentally left the charger at work that evening (I was so worn out I was in bed by 8:15 so there was no going back to get the charger for me)
Easy fix right? WRONG. I go get a car charger (I had needed one anyway) from Verizon and charge it while Audrey and I are running errands on Saturday morning. By 5:30, the thing still wasn't working so we go back to Verizon on the way to my sister's birthday dinner. I am told it was the charging port on my phone that wasn't working, so I get a whole new phone- YAYYYYY!!! (After 3 months, it was showing wear and tear- obviously, I am not easy on my phones).
Moving right along, on to dinner we go and I leave my phone in the car charging. Dinner is over and the thing still won't turn on. OK, maybe it just needs awhile or at least more than 3 hours. So I let it charge overnight. WRONG again. Sunday morning and the thing still not turning on. Now I am just plain pissed.
I get to the office bright and early this morning and decide to plug my phone in to the wall charger now that I have it again. The stupid thing starts working. Steam is coming out of my ears. I guess my BRAND NEW car charger was the problem with the second one. Since it is a smart phone, I have to set up my accounts and all that (the nice lady at the store set it up for me last time, probably because I was a few days away from having Audrey and needed lots of help all around).
As I get it set up, I realize EVERY facebook friend of mine has been added to my contacts and they tell me that facebook profiles cannot be deleted from my contacts. AND I lost all my pictures on my old phone. This sucks.
Needless to say, I am still planning on making a trip to Verizon at lunch today for a little chat!
Hope everyone has a better Monday than me!!
I know, I know, at least I have a working phone again!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What kind of phone do you have now? Thinking of upgrading, so I'm curious.
ReplyDeletei got the newest palm and i do like it, but i hear the droid is incredible!
ReplyDelete