Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nursery Update!

The nursery is cleaned out, painted, empty (almost), and READY for the baby's furniture!!

Last weekend, we spent the entire time cleaning out closets, organizing, storing, getting rid of furniture and generally getting ready for baby! Eric spent all Friday night and Saturday afternoon painting the nursery, and even though the color came out as a suprise, we are both really happy with the way it turned out (I swore I would not have a pink room and we chose a dark khaki/mauve instead, but it decided to turn pink for us anyway, so I guess it was meant to be!).  I hated not being able to help him- because painting is a no no for preggers- but he did an excellent job all by himself. And tomorrow (if he feels up to it, because now he has a sinus infection), Eric is going to pick up the crib, dresser/changer and hutch!  I am SO excited to see each piece put together and then post pictures for you all!!  Knowing the room will be almost-done just makes it seem that much sooner that we will get to have our baby girl home!

On another note, my mom and sister are in Europe touring around with other students and parents from my sister's school.  They left last Friday and have already been to London and Paris, and are now in Rome.  I think they will be coming home on the 20/21 (long trip home), and I know they are having fun.  As I have warned them, they better be taking lots of pictures for us, because we have never been to Europe and want to live vicariously through them!

Since my neice Lily usually talks to my mom every day, I told my brother to have her call me while mom is gone and I will talk to her.  Well, she is usually very talkative, but only after she spends the first few minutes calling me "Nana", which is my mom's name-- Its totally worth being called the wrong name to get to hear her though!  It blows my mind that she is not even 17 months old and can already say "alligator", plus many more words.  But, my favorite and the sweetest thing ever is when she 'hugs' you on the phone because she says "awww".  I look forward to the day I am no longer going to school at night so I can talk to her more often (right now Tuesdays are my only night off during the week).

I will try my best to have some pictures of the furniture up as soon as we put it all together!  Have a safe weekend!

1 comment:

  1. BELLY PIC! You are no longer allowed to blog without including pics.... and no, that doesnt excuse you from blogging !

    Lots of love :),
    Aunt CK

    ReplyDelete