Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mississippi!

The week after her party, Audrey and I went to visit my dad (Bobo) and step mom (Mim) for her first trip to south Mississippi!

We visited dad's work at the courthouse, where Audrey promptly threw a massive fit for all the clerks, but at least she looked cute doing it!

We also tried swimming. Again, try not to be jealous of this bod

She loved being in her bathing suit, I thought she was actually going to swim, but instead she did this

I did get her in the pool with me, but she was not having it. This was the only day we could try to swim since I apparently brought thunderstorms with me to Mississippi! But we spent time everyday facetiming with Daddy, and then our aunt, uncle and cousins from Hattiesburg came to visit!

Tuns out Audrey Layne LOVES her cousin Bayne...

Poor guy had been pestered by her for about 20 minutes before I filmed this, so I can't blame him being over her, hahaha!

Before we knew it, it was time to leave, and Audrey and I went on her first plane rides! We flew out at 8am so we had to leave my dad's at 5, hence the pjs.
First we flew from New Orleans to Birmingham, and then promptly got on our connecting flight to Nashville.
Above is her talking to her neighbor on the first flight. As soon as he sat down she said "Hiiiiiii", and I knew he was in for it! He got a lesson on coloring Dora, all the colors in her bag, and he got to check out her backpack and all the while I was trying to get her to watch the ipad! He was a good sport though!
Below is her on the second leg, and she colored almost the whole time we were taxiing on the runway. Then she watched Bubble Guppies like such a good girl.  I wish I could tell you all how proud of her I am because she did FABULOUS! She didn't cry once and the only thing that upset her was during the last landing it got very loud and she got a little scared and hugged me (which I didn't mind).
I did hold her in my lap during both landings, but other than that she sat in her seat like such a big girl, and she won over everyone on both flights!

Once we landed, I got her changed and Daddy picked us up. She didn't even make it to the interstate before conking out!

Thank you BOBO and MIM for a wonderful vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment