Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Napping

For the last few days, I have been trying to 'sleep train' Audrey.  My baby does not like to nap and from what I have read and heard from other mommies, babies need to nap in order to sleep well, so I started with instituting a nap schedule in hopes that she will fall asleep easier and sleep longer at night.

So the plan is for her to take a nap about 9:00 a.m., and then another nap after lunch, and for her to be put down while sleepy but still awake, and she officially doesn't like any of it.  The first day she cried for 30 minutes before I went in there to calm her down because she was crying sooo hard and then I put her back in her crib (she fell asleep within two minutes of me rocking her). The second day, she cried for 30 minutes before falling asleep all by herself, and she slept for an hour.  She slept on her hand and left a handprint on the side of her face, which was kinda funny (see pics below).  The third day, she cried for 45 minutes before I had to go in there, and then Monday she apparently didn't cry at all before falling asleep and she slept for almost 2 hours!!

Once I can get her on a consistent nap schedule, I am hoping she will fall asleep easier/earlier at night, because I don't think she is getting enough sleep right now.  I am doing this with the help of a book I am reading and I really think it is already helping her.  We will see, and I will keep updates coming.

Here are the pictures of her face- it was hard to get a good picture of it, but it looks like a baby slapped her on the face really hard!  It didn't hurt her at all, but I think it stayed so long because she cried for a long time before finally falling asleep on her hand so the tears irritated her face.

 
She's still the most beautiful baby in the world though!!

1 comment:

  1. We did the same thing with Lilly Kate.. but we started from birth and that's exactly how we did it. She sleeps great now (goes down for naps great and sleeps 12 hours at night), I really think it makes a big difference when they nap good during the day. Stick with it.. it's worth it I promise! I just love reading about Audrey, she's such a beautiful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete