I know I have so much to catch up on, but I had to share these stories from today while I work on the other posts.
First, my aunt was keeping Audrey at her house today and called, starting off with "Your daughter pulled a fast one on me." Anytime a convo starts like that, you know it's not good news. Well, it appears that when Audrey woke up from her nap she just played in her playpen instead of calling out. That's all well and good....except she played with the poop in her diaper! Poor thing had it in her hair, under her nails, all over her and the playpen! Needless to say, Aunt Mel gave her a bath pronto, and luckily I had packed an extra dress. So that's the funny part. Now onto the pitiful...
When they met me at work, I was holding Audrey and needed to put her down to put the carseat in and she would not go to Aunt Mel (probably because she dared to give her a bath earlier). So, I put her in the front seat the proceeded to put the carseat in the back. When I finished I shut the door. Meanwhile Audrey had locked the doors. With my keys inside. In 98 degree weather (or so my car said). Initiate Mommy meltdown.
But within one minute, Audrey had pushed the right button on the door to unlock the doors!! We tried a few other things to get her to open it, but asking her to push the button worked!
I don't know if I have ever been so proud of my smart baby girl!!
(sidenote, the police department is literally 1.5 blocks from my office so she would have been just fine, but I still cried when I got back in the car).
Here is the smart little troublemaker in her second dress of the day after she busted herself out of jail (thanks for the wording Bobo!)



No comments:
Post a Comment