Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teething?

Since Sunday, our sweet angelic Audrey has been a little devil pitiful.  All day Sunday she didn't eat a full bottle, and would only eat about 3 ounces at a time.  But she would wait the full three hours (or more) until she ate again.  Also, she was pretty fussy and easily upset.  And if you tried to put the bottle back in her mouth to get her to eat a little more... well, let's just say it wasn't pretty.  But she never had (and still hasn't) had a fever.

On Sunday night, she didn't go down until 10:30pm (after having some tylebol), and woke up at: 12am, 1:30am, 3:30am and 5:30am. This child has not gotten up more than once a night since she was 4 weeks old.  And it wasn't just whimpering for a while, it was instant screaming every time. Yeah, it was a fabulous night.  And at daycare yesterday, she only ate half of her food and was apparently pretty fussy in the afternoon.

When I picked her up after work and headed home, she fell asleep in the car for a much needed nap.  Thankfully, Eric's school got cancelled because of the snow, so I had an extra pair of hands all night.  Again, she only ate half of her next bottles, and then screamed bloody murder when I put orajel on her gums- it just mad her so mad that I put something in her mouth.  Last night she got up at 1, 4, and 6, so that was a slight improvement on sleep.

I feel so bad for her because I can tell she is in pain, but she doesn't have a fever so I don't know if the doctor will want to see her.  Everything I have read seems to indicate teething but she hates the teethers since her mouth is so little  (i have tried teething rings, smaller shaped gel teethers and she is too little for some of the suggested foods inside one of those netted teethers).

Any other ideas it could be?  I know that if she keeps up this appetite, I will be calling the doctor anyway because she is just too small to be losing weight :(

And because I am not allowed to post anymore without pics, here is one from last week and one from yesterday in her 'snow suit' after daycare-

No comments:

Post a Comment